Application Screening Policies
- We offer forms to everyone who inquires about our rentals.
- We review completed applications in the order in which we receive them. For apartments and houses with 2 bedrooms or more, the application packet must be complete, with all applications turned in, before it will be processed.
- We may require 2 to 3 days to verify information on an application. During our busy season it could take up to 5 days to verify the information.
- Each adult applicant, 18 or older, must submit an application.
- Any information provided that is incomplete, inaccurate, or falsified may be grounds for denial of the application, applicant(s), or co-signer.
- Must provide rental history for 2 years or more that must be verifiable from unbiased/unrelated sources, and a formal rental agreement is necessary to constitute as a reference.
- Applicants must provide us with the information necessary to contact past landlords. We reserve the right to deny an application if, after making a good faith effort, we are unable to verify prior rental history.
- Exceptions may be made for applicants with qualified co-signers or increased deposits/payments.
- If the applicant does not have enough rental history to verify then they must provide a co-signer
Employment/Sufficient Income Information:
- Net household income shall be at least 3 times the rent (excluding utilities).
- Must have 1 year or more verifiable employment.
- Verification of income may be made by: 1) employment verification 2) proof of self-employment may be made by verification of business license with city, prior years tax statement, references 3) proof of non-employment income 4) bank verification 5) pay stubs 6) Social Security letter 7) financial aid statement.
- If applicant does not have enough employment information and/or does not have sufficient income then they must have a co-signer.
- All of these may be checked/verified on any applicant or co-signer to assist in the approval process.
- Misdemeanors and felonies will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- If any of this information is falsified about during the application process, or on the application itself, it will constitute an automatic denial.
- Any criminals or offenders that may be approved may not live in units with a shared living space i.e. quads.
- All co-signers are held to the same standard as general applicants.
- Income must be 4-5 times the rental amount to ensure that the co-signer can cover his or her own expenses as well as the applicants.
- Must provide all necessary information.
- Must read and sign our co-signer contract, understanding what they are obligated to.
- Must give verbal confirmation of being willing co-signers.
- Doctor prescribed, companion or service aid animals may be allowed if the appropriate documentation is provided A pet application & vet records must be submitted along with any official documentation from a licensed practitioner.
- Pets may or may not be permitted, dependent on property.
- If pets are permitted, a pet agreement must be signed and any additional pet deposit paid an pet rent is due before animal can reside on the premises.
- All pets are approved on a case by case basis.
Serving People in Their Housing Needs
All the best in settling into your new home!