Application Screening Policies
- Everyone 18 years and older are welcome to fill out an application with us
- We review completed applications in the order in which we receive them. For apartments and houses with 2 or more bedrooms, an application packet must be completed, with all applications and co-signers (if applicable) turned in, before it will be processed.
- All applicants will be asked to sign a non-disclosure form before we can run a background check (required in order to process the applications)
- We require 2 to 3 days to verify information on an application. During our busy season it could take up to 5 days to verify the information.
- Each adult applicant, 18 or older, must submit an application.
- Demeanor, attitude, and behavior throughout the entire application process will be considered.
- Any information provided that is incomplete, inaccurate, or falsified may be grounds for denial of the application, applicant(s), or co-signer.
- Must provide rental history for 2 years or more that is verifiable from unbiased/unrelated sources. Rental history from a family number is not valid.
- Applicants must provide us with the information necessary to contact past landlords. We reserve the right to deny an application if, after making a good faith effort, we are unable to verify prior rental history.
- Exceptions may be made for applicants with qualified co-signers.
- If the applicant does not have 2 years of recent rental history to verify then they must provide a co-signer.
Employment/Sufficient Income Information:
- Net household income shall be at least 3 times the rent (excluding utilities).
- Must have been at job for at least 1 year and be verifiable employment (may be able to submit extra deposit if starting new job or can only show income based on bank statements such as self-employment)
- Verification of income may be made by: 1) employment verification 2) proof of self-employment may be made by verification of business license with city, prior year’s tax statement 3) proof of non-employment income 4) pay stubs 5) Social Security letter 6) financial aid statement.
- If applicant does not have enough employment information and/or does not have sufficient income then they must have a co-signer.
- All of the above listed reports may be processed on any applicant or co-signer to assist in the approval process.
- Felonies and evictions will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Applicants with recent evictions less than 5 years and/or still owe money will be denied.
- If any of this information is falsified during the application process, or on the application itself, it will constitute an automatic denial.
- Any criminals or offenders approved may not live in units with a shared living space i.e. quads depending on the nature of the offense.
- All co-signers are held to the same standard as general applicants.
- Income must be 4-5 times the rental amount to ensure that the co-signer can cover his or her own expenses as well as the applicants.
- Must provide all necessary information.
- Must read and sign our co-signer contract, understanding what they are obligated to.
- Must give verbal confirmation of being willing co-signers.
- Doctor prescribed or aid animals are allowed with the appropriate documentation.
- Pets may or may not be permitted, dependent on the property.
- If pets are permitted, a pet application must be filled out with the appropriate documentation (vaccinations, spay/neuter) and additional pet deposit paid when signing lease agreement.
Serving People in Their Housing Needs
All the best in settling into your new home!